Ethiopia Deaf Project
A voluntary organisation committed to raising funds for the education of Deaf children at the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia. We have a special concern for Deaf children living in rural communities who are very marginalised and have no access to school.
Please help us, check out our events below ↓
More Ways to Help ↓
Mission & Vision
That Deaf children, in particular those who are living in rural communities in Ethiopia, can access their full right to a quality education (through sign language) and experience the joy of inclusion.
In partnership with the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia, the EDP works to support and develop a school that:
- Is welcoming and inclusive;
- Understands and meets the educational needs of deaf children;
- Provides access to learning through Ethiopian Sign Language;
- Challenges negative social and cultural attitudes that often leave deaf children isolated, stigmatised and lacking access to language, school or services;
- Supports the on-going development of the school staff;
- Engages with the Department of Social Affairs to help promote awareness of deaf peoples’ abilities and needs.