Ethiopia Deaf Project
A voluntary organisation committed to raising funds for the education of Deaf children at the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia. We have a special concern for Deaf children living in rural communities who are very marginalised and have no access to school.
See the Impact of the Rural Outreach program at the Ambo Deaf School
Ways to help us
Mission & Vision
That Deaf children, in particular those who are living in rural communities in Ethiopia, can access their full right to a quality education (through sign language) and experience the joy of inclusion.
In partnership with the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia, the EDP works to support and develop a school that:
- Is welcoming and inclusive;
- Understands and meets the educational needs of deaf children;
- Provides access to learning through Ethiopian Sign Language;
- Challenges negative social and cultural attitudes that often leave deaf children isolated, stigmatised and lacking access to language, school or services;
- Supports the on-going development of the school staff;
- Engages with the Department of Social Affairs to help promote awareness of deaf peoples’ abilities and needs.