Ethiopia Deaf Project
A voluntary organisation committed to raising funds for the education of Deaf children at the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia. We have a special concern for Deaf children living in rural communities who are very marginalised and have no access to school.
Please help us, check out our events below ↓
EDP Mega Food Hamper Raffle
Raffle Draw Date 13th May 2023 All proceeds of our raffle will go towards the medical needs of the students at ALDS. Some of the...Read More
Cake Sale & Coffee Morning
Save the date!We’re having a Fundraiser Cake Sale and Coffee Morning in Holy Trinity Church on May 14th. Please come along and help us raise...Read More
Volunteers Needed for Fundraising
EDP really need volunteers to help out with our upcoming fundraising event in May – Weekend Event: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th MayTake part in...Read More
More Ways to Help ↓
Mission & Vision
That Deaf children, in particular those who are living in rural communities in Ethiopia, can access their full right to a quality education (through sign language) and experience the joy of inclusion.
In partnership with the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia, the EDP works to support and develop a school that:
- Is welcoming and inclusive;
- Understands and meets the educational needs of deaf children;
- Provides access to learning through Ethiopian Sign Language;
- Challenges negative social and cultural attitudes that often leave deaf children isolated, stigmatised and lacking access to language, school or services;
- Supports the on-going development of the school staff;
- Engages with the Department of Social Affairs to help promote awareness of deaf peoples’ abilities and needs.