Ethiopia Deaf Project
A voluntary organisation committed to raising funds for the education of Deaf children at the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia. We have a special concern for Deaf children living in rural communities who are very marginalised and have no access to school.
Please help us? ↓
Our next fundraising event:
09 June 2019
Ambo Ramble Cycle
We would love if you could join us for our Charity Sportive, The Ambo Ramble 57Km & 127Km Charity Leisure Cycle Tour.
Every cent raised goes directly to the help the children and has really changed lives. This Cycle starts and finishes in the Marion Hall Ballinhassig Co. Cork doing a loop of the beautiful West Cork Countryside taking in the Old Head of Kinsale.
This is the final training spin before the Ring of Kerry Event. Fee: €30 Amazing Food / Water stops – Clonakility and at Finishing line Ballinhassig ( Hot Showers facilities & Free Parking also available) and all with great Craic!
Mission & Vision
That Deaf children, in particular those who are living in rural communities in Ethiopia, can access their full right to a quality education (through sign language) and experience the joy of inclusion.
In partnership with the Ambo Lazarist Deaf School in Ethiopia, the EDP works to support and develop a school that:
- Is welcoming and inclusive;
- Understands and meets the educational needs of deaf children;
- Provides access to learning through Ethiopian Sign Language;
- Challenges negative social and cultural attitudes that often leave deaf children isolated, stigmatised and lacking access to language, school or services;
- Supports the on-going development of the school staff;
- Engages with the Department of Social Affairs to help promote awareness of deaf peoples’ abilities and needs.